Sights and sounds of Giants’ camp: Back to work before going

Sights and sounds of Giants’ camp: Back to work before going

Beitragvon liny195 » Di 13. Nov 2018, 02:58

The New York Giants got back to work on the practice field Sunday. The team is looking to correct the mistakes from their preseason debut against the Cleveland Browns but are also looking forward to their game against the Detroit Lions. The Giants will be traveling to Detroit early to take part in joint practices with the Lions on Tuesday through Thursday before their second preseason game Friday night. But for now http://www.authenticsnewyorkgiants.com/cheap-rhett-ellison-jersey , the Giants are still in the Meadowlands, and once again started practice in the late morning. On the field!As we have come to expect, the coaches started practice with individual drills to continue to work on fundamentals while the players are freshest and use that as a warm-up. Enough warm-ups, let’s get on to the meat of practice. Cody Latimer didn’t get on the board against the Browns, but he had a strong practice.Later in practice, in red zone drills, Latimer came down with a great catch for the touchdown. The Giants are hoping to see a lot of that connection in 2018. Picking up where they left off in 2017, Eli also connected with Evan Engram for another touchdown.The Giants are managing Manning’s reps a bit, which impacted the reps for the other quarterbacks. First off http://www.authenticsnewyorkgiants.com/cheap-connor-barwin-jersey , Kyle Lauletta has earned reps with the second team. Meanwhile, Webb got some reps with the 1’s.Of course, both young QBs had their struggles as well. The defense also made some plays, and Kerry Wynn seems to have found life in the Giants’ new defense. The defense struggled with back-shoulder passes against the Browns, so it should be no surprise that Shurmur had the defense working on them in their first practice since the game.At the bottom of the depth chart, receiver Alonzo Russell is making a push for the coaches’ attention. And now a note from the offensive line as Ereck Flowers has the good kind of noteworthy play against Kareem Martin.Personnel notesThe Giants had several players on the sidelines when practice started. Donte Deayon started camp strongly, but suffered a hamstring injury before the first preseason game. After Grant Haley’s strong showing against the Browns, Deayon must hope to get back on the field and fight for his (potential) roster spot. Thompson suffered a hamstring injury during the game. Pat Shurmur said after practice that Barwin was “sore” after the game, so this is likely precautionary before what will be a hard and physical series of practices against Detroit. The situation does bear watching http://www.authenticsnewyorkgiants.com/cheap-ray-ray-armstrong-jersey , however.Despite giving up a bad sack of Eli Manning, Jon Halapio continues to be the starting center over Brett Jones. It will be interesting to see if Jones gets the chance to play with the 1’s in a game situation. And in a final sad note, James Bettcher wasn’t out at practice, and Pat Shurmur revealed after practice wrapped up that Bettcher’s mother passed away last week. He will rejoin the team when travel to Detroit, but for now our deepest condolences to Coach Bettcher and his family.Giants news, 8/23: Sam Darnold comparisons? Saquon Barkley doesn’t think about them Good morning, New York Giants fans! Let’s get going today with a look at the headlines.Barkley: Darnold comparison “doesn’t cross my mind”Fans and media members will forever compare the careers of Giants running back Saquon Barkley and New York Jets quarterback Sam Darnold. After all, they went back-to-back in the draft. Which team was right? Wrong? Which guy turned out to be the better player?Barkley said Wednesday that it’s not something he concerns himself with.“That’s kind of really something that doesn’t cross my mind,” Barkley says of being linked to Darnold. “We play two different positions. I don’t really look too deep in that. I only can focus and control what I can control. I’m just thankful that the Giants picked me and I’m here and I’m a New York Giant. I’m playing for the best franchise in the league and I’m going to continue to take advantage of the opportunity every single day and continue to work every single day.”Around the Inter-GoogleGiants don't see Odell Beckham Jr.'s contract situation as a distraction | SNYGiants' Jonathan Stewart ready to contribute more than mentoring | SNYTravis Frederick http://www.authenticsnewyorkgiants.com/cheap-b.j.-goodson-jersey , Dallas Cowboys offensive lineman, diagnosed Guillain Barre SyndromeCowboys center Travis Frederick said Wednesday he has received treatments over the past 48 hours for Guillain-Barr茅 syndrome, an autoimmune disease. Sources told ESPN's Todd Archer that Frederick could miss multiple weeks of the season.Polling the Giants: New helmet rule 'making the game too soft' | Too much gray area after Mark Herzlich penalty | NJ.comGiants defensive starters are on board with player safety, but what if rule confusion makes the game less safe? How are you supposed to tackle? Players still want answers from NFL officials.Giants veterans explain why 2018 will be different | 'Guys don't ever want to feel that way again' | NJ.comSeveral Giants veterans who lived through the strife and tumult of Ben McAdoo's final season, explain why 2018 will be dramatically different from 2017's 3-13 debacle.Former Boston Brawler getting his chance to start with GiantsJon Halapio can remember a time not so long ago when he was playing for the Boston Brawlers and had to bring his own equipment to games and practice. It was...Giants: Will Saquon Barkley addition get Big Blue into playoffs? | SI.comBy adding Saquon Barkley to the mix and getting back a healthy Odell Beckham Jr., New York's offense will be difficult to stop, especially with new head coach Pat Shurmur calling the shots.Helmet-to-helmet penalty calls in preseason confusing Giants | NewsdayAlec Ogletree wants to get clarity about the new rule that assesses a 15-yard penalty for leading with the head.
liny195

Zurück zu Bewerbungen / Applications