9/11: Shurmur remains optimistic, Eli’s helmet trouble,

9/11: Shurmur remains optimistic, Eli’s helmet trouble,

Beitragvon liny195 » Fr 30. Nov 2018, 08:16

Giants news Authentic Alec Ogletree Jersey ,more Good morning, New York Giants fans! Let’s look at your headlines as the Giants begin to turn the page from the Jacksonville Jaguars and look toward Sunday’s upcoming game against the Dallas Cowboys.Shurmur: “Keep moving” after opening lossPer data provided by the Giants, Sunday was the 20th straight NFL season-opening game Pat Shurmur has been involved in as a coach. The teams he was on are 8-12 in those games, but Shurmur has been on teams that lost openers and went on to finish 12-4 twice and 11-5. “I’ve been involved in a lot of first games of the season,” Shurmur said. “You just move forward. That’s the important thing is you move forward. You learn from the mistakes you made, you build on the things you did well and you just keep moving. That’s the important piece. That may get old as we go through these Mondays with me saying that, but you can win a game and still go through that process. When you lose a game, it hurts more, but you still go through the same process.”Two-point conversion an audibleCoach Pat Shurmur said Monday that Eli Manning audibled from a pass to a run on Sunday’s failed two-point conversion attempt.“I made the right audible based on what we talked about,” Manning said. “Just didn’t make it.”Helmet malfunctionThe curious timeout on the first play of the second half came because Manning’s helmet radio didn’t work.“I had a hard time hearing Coach Shurmur a few times (in the first half). I didn’t think anything was necessarily real wrong with it. Then the first play of the second half Authentic Nate Solder Jersey , it just cut out completely, and then they got a new helmet,” Manning said. “Then after that, it was much clearer the whole second half than it was the first half. So, I guess I just had a bad connection or whatever. I’m not sure.”Around the Inter-GoogleGiants need to get Ereck Flowers and the offensive line fixed, or it will be another long season | NewsdayBreakdowns up front were the biggest reason the Giants lost to the Jaguars in the season opener.Giants and Cowboys face much more than a rivalry gameFunny how things work out, you know? For six years Giants fans rolled their eyes whenever the schedule came out because in five of those years — including the...Giants' Eli Manning, Pat Shurmur send mixed signals on why two-point conversion try with Saquon Barkley failed | NJ.comSomewhat puzzlingly, the Giants handed the ball off to Saquon Barkley on a two-point conversion attempt one play after the rookie running back rattled off a 68-yard touchdown run to pull within 20-15, without calling a timeout, in the loss to the Jacksonville Jaguars on Sunday, September 9 Color Rush Alec Ogletree Jersey , 2018 (9/9/18) at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J. The New York Giants have announced that they have waived former starting offensive tackle Ereck Flowers.News first surfaced Monday that the Giants were trying to trade Flowers, and failing that, they would cut him by 4 p.m. Tuesday. There had been rumors of a team interested in trading for Flowers, but if there were indeed any such talks, they obviously fell through. Now Flowers will go to the waiver wire, and it wouldn’t surprise to see teams put in claims on the former first rounder. The Giants drafted Flowers ninth overall in the 2015 NFL draft, and at the time Giants’ head coach Tom Coughlin said of Flowers, “The kid is an outstanding athlete. He is very young, as you know. He is a battleship, an aircraft carrier or however you want to describe him at six-foot-six, 329 [pounds]. Strongest guy in the draft. Outstanding feet. [He] just turned 21 a couple of days ago here in mid- to late-April. Those things Youth Eli Manning Jersey , together with the desire to improve both our offensive and our defensive lines, to be honest with you, we think we have made a good start here.”The move opens a spot on the roster and offensive line depth chart, and the Giants will reportedly promote OT Brian Mihalik to fill it. Mihalik, 6-foot-9 and 315 pounds, played in 15 games for the Detroit Lions in 2017. He started twice at left tackle, vs. Pittsburgh on Oct. 29 and at Green Bay on Nov. 6.The Giants viewed Mihalik up close when they practiced with the Lions for three days in August. He was released by Detroit on Sept. 2 and signed to the Giants’ practice squad on Sept. 13.Placekicker Marshall Koehn added to practice squadCoach Pat Shurmur had indicated Monday that the Giants would need to add a placekicker to the practice squad to protect themselves with Aldrick Rosas dealing with a quad injury. The Giants did that Tuesday, adding Marshall Koehn to fill the practice squad spot vacated by Mihalik’s promotion. Koehn was with the Giants in the preseason. Shurmur indicated Tuesday that the Giants will wait as long as possible before deciding whether they need to promote Koehn to the 53-man roster.
liny195

Zurück zu Bewerbungen / Applications