Whenever a defense is suddenly without two of its

Whenever a defense is suddenly without two of its

Beitragvon liny195 » Mi 16. Jan 2019, 06:24

starters http://www.giantscheapshops.com/cheap-authentic-curtis-riley-jersey , it is going to be news. Saying it was “news” when the New York Giants elected to trade Eli Apple to the New Orleans Saints and Damn Harrison to the Detroit Lions is something of an understatement. In his Thursday press conference, defensive coordinator James Bettcher didn’t waste any time in addressing the trades. Bettcher said, “I’ll start because I know everyone wants to ask about the trades and things that have gone on in the last 48 hours-ish. Those are organizational decisions, and personally, I came here to be a New York Football Giant and this is a special organization, it’s a special place to work, and it’s a special place to play football. Trades happen in-season, they happen in the offseason, they happen various times throughout the course of the year, and under no circumstances any of our players or any of our coaches are ever going to run from anything. We’re going to keep running to it, our guys are going to keep playing hard.”On Dalvin Tomlinson Wednesday morning the Giants made the decision to trade starting nose tackle Damon Harrison to the Lions for a fifth-round pick. While the move does, to some extent, free up room under the salary cap, it also opens up a hole on the defensive line for a starting nose tackle. It is expected that second year defensive tackle Dalvin Tomlinson will step in to that role. “The great thing about him,” Bettcher said, speaking about Tomlinson, “he still has a lot of football ahead of him in his career and he has a lot of room to grow and become a better player. I love his work ethic. I like how he works in individuals. When you’re here and watching individuals, just watch how well he works. He’s a pro, he’s working on getting better, and he’s very conscious of the things he needs to get better at.“The thing with Dalvin is he’s an extremely heavy-handed striker, a guy that can punch and separate, a guy that has the ability to displace blockers Rhett Ellison Jersey , and he’s going to get his great fair share of snaps.” Of course, Bettcher was sure to remind everyone that regardless of who was in at nose tackle, they couldn’t stamp out opponents’ running games by themselves. Offenses can, and will, compensate and look elsewhere for yards. Bettcher said, “When you have a guy like Dalvin or even a guy like Snacks in the middle, you might get more perimeter runs, some runs that are going sideways to the sideline and stretched, and maybe downhill stuff, and I think Dalvin is going to do a great job in there and I’m excited to watch him play inside and continue to get better.” On the cornerback positionThe Giants had a talented duo of cornerbacks in Janoris Jenkins and Eli Apple (before he was traded). However, they didn’t perform up to expectations in coverage. Bettcher acknowledged that there were plays where his secondary was out of position, but he also accepted responsibility for his own failures in putting them in position to succeed. “I don’t think there is one particular route that we’ve struggled with more than another,” he said. “I think there’s been times we’ve covered things really well, and as we can all see on the tapes, there’s times we have either been out of position from a leverage standpoint or I need to give them a better call.”As with the defensive line, the trade of Eli Apple means opportunities for other players. Bettcher confirmed that B.W. Webb would be getting reps as an outside corner, but also hinted that UDFA rookies Grant Haley and Sean Chandler could get looks as well.“Him [Haley] and Sean Chandler will both get some snaps inside,” Bettcher said, “I think you’ll also see him probably lined outside a little bit at corner with B.W. (Webb) maybe in the slot a little bit, like he has played. You’re going to see a little mixture of that, but Sean is also going to be in the mix with some of those snaps.” The New York Giants will “look at everything” with the NFL trade deadline on Tuesday and their season have spiraled out of control at 1-7, coach Pat Shurmur said Sunday after a 20-13 loss to the Washington Redskins. The Giants traded defensive starters Eli Apple and Damon Harrison for draft choices last week. There has been lots of speculation that veteran cornerback Janoris Jenkins could be moved before Tuesday.What else might happen?Eli ManningThe beleaguered 15-year veteran quarterback has a no-trade clause and said Sunday he’s not waiving it.“I want to stay here Cheap Landon Collins Jersey ,” he said simply.Will he stay with the Giants as the starter once the Giants return from their bye week?“I don’t want to go there, I’m not going to tease that,” Shurmur said on Sunday. “I just want to look at everything and see what we have to do moving forward.”Odell Beckham Jr.Before sunday’s game there were reports that the Giants were receiving offers for the superstar wide receiver, even with Beckham being in the first year of a five-year, $90 million contract.After hauling in 8 receptions for 136 yards on Sunday, Beckham was asked if New York was where he wanted to be.“This is where I’m at,” was his response.“I don’t think I am going anywhere. All I want to do is be the very best that I can be when I’m on the field, off the field as well. It’s really hard to think about that, but it is what it is.”Landon CollinsThe Giants have to decide whether the 24-year-old Collins is a building block player worthy of an expensive long-term contract, or whether his best value is as a trade chip who could bring back multiple draft picks that could be used in a rebuilding effort.Collins said “we have to see when we get there” when asked about re-signing with the Giants in the offseason.“I’m just playing it day-by-day. I love the Giants, they love me. You never know, it’s a business, so whatever happens, happens.”Olivier Vernon Playing in his third game since returning from a high ankle sprain, Vernon had three quarterback hits and a fumble recovery, once again showing that he’s an impact player. Will he be a Giant when they face the San Francisco 49ers in Week 10?“I’m just going in and working it,” Vernon said. “I just go into the building and work. That’s all I worry about.”Janoris JenkinsThe veteran cornerback is the last of the three corners suspended in 2017 (Apple, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie being the others) still with the Giants. Several teams, including the Pittsburgh Steelers, Philadelphia Eagles and New England Patriots, are believed to have inquired about Jenkins. He still seems the most likely player on the Giants’ roster to be dealt by the deadline.
liny195

Zurück zu Bewerbungen / Applications