CINCINNATI (AP) — Eugenio Suarez and the Cincinnati

CINCINNATI (AP) — Eugenio Suarez and the Cincinnati

Beitragvon liny195 » Mi 8. Mai 2019, 01:32

Reds closed out a nice weekend with another solid day at the plate.It was quite a response to a tough series against Cleveland.Suarez hit a two-run homer during Cincinnati’s seven-run third inning Tony Oliva Jersey , and the Reds swept the San Francisco Giants with an 11-4 win on Sunday.Jose Peraza also hit a two-run homer for last-place Cincinnati, which outscored San Francisco 18-5 in the last two games. Billy Hamilton tripled twice and drove in three runs.The Reds also swept the Giants in Cincy last season. Nine different Reds scored at least one run, helping Cincinnati bounce back after it was swept by Cleveland.“Sometimes it is when you play a club,” interim manager Jim Riggleman said. “We had a hot Cleveland team, then we get a Giants team that’s been struggling with the bats. We got them at the right time.”San Francisco had a chance to sweep Los Angeles before the Dodgers’ 12-inning victory on Wednesday night. The Giants then managed just six runs in the sweep by the Reds, extending their slide to four games.“It’s frustrating,” San Francisco manager Bruce Bochy said. “We didn’t hit much http://www.twinsfanproshop.com/authentic-max-kepler-jersey , The offense didn’t do anything here. We were hoping for more.”Giants left-hander Andrew Suarez (4-9) was tagged for seven runs, five earned, and seven hits in a season-low 2 2/3 innings in the finale.“I got ahead,” Suarez said. “I just couldn’t put them away. I didn’t have that putaway pitch today. I thought I had good stuff. The location wasn’t there.”Giants infielder Chase d’Arnaud worked a scoreless eighth in his first career pitching appearance.Suarez’s career-best 27th homer made it 6-1 in the third. Scooter Gennett hit a two-run triple before Suarez’s drive to center.Curt Casali also had two hits and drove in two runs in Cincinnati’s big inning.“It was an awesome inning,” Casali said. “I’m sure I’ve had two hits in an inning at some point in my career, but not in the big leagues. Any time you put up a crooked number against a club like that, it’s important.”Reds right-hander Luis Castillo (7-10) struck out nine in 6 2/3 innings. He was charged with three runs Kennys Vargas Jersey , one earned, and six hits.“Everything was working for me today,” Castillo said. “I was commanding my changeup. My slider was good and I was throwing strikes. I think, like last year, I’m able to throw my pitches in any situation.”Castillo retired 13 straight batters before Stephen Duggar’s two-out single in the seventh.“You look at his velocity,” Bochy said, “I don’t know of anybody in the National League who throws harder on average http://www.twinsfanproshop.com/authentic-max-kepler-jersey , and his changeup was biting. He was on top of his game.”Peraza finished with three hits as Cincinnati closed out a 5-4 homestand. Phillip Ervin had two hits and scored a run.NEW LOOKBrandon Belt became the first first baseman to lead off for the Giants since David Bell on July 6, 2002, at Arizona. Belt went 0 for 4 with two strikeouts.NEW FACEAristides Aquino made his major league debut when he ran for Gennett in the sixth inning. Aquino was recalled from Double-A Pensacola on Friday when Joey Votto was placed on the 10-day disabled list.TRIPLE HAPPYThe Reds had three triples in one game for the first time since Hamilton, Peraza and Devin Mesoraco tripled against the Dodgers on June 17, 2017. Hamilton is the first Red with two triples in one game since Jay Bruce on May 2, 2015, at Atlanta.TRAINER’S ROOMReds: OF Scott Schebler (strained AC joint in his right shoulder) is set for a rehab assignment with Double-A Pensacola. The Reds hope he will be ready to join them in Chicago during their weekend series with the Cubs.UP NEXTGiants: LHP Derek Holland (6-8) makes just his second career start against the Mets in Monday’s series opener in New York.Reds: Homer Bailey (1-10) is scheduled to start Monday in Milwaukee. The Reds are 1-15 in Bailey’s starts this season. Teheran struck out six and allowed just one run over four innings Sunday against the Marlins."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Talking Chop User’s GuideTalking Chop PodcastAround the NL EastBaseball Analysis PrimerBraves News: Julio Teheran lining up for Opening Day Rod Carew Jersey , Max Fried and moreNew,166commentsTeheran struck out six and allowed just one run over four innings Sunday against the Marlins. EDTShareTweetShareShareBraves News: Julio Teheran lining up for Opening Day, Max Fried and moreDale Zanine-USA TODAY SportsAtlanta Braves NewsTeheran goes four, Allard slammed in 5-2 loss to MarlinsJulio Teheran turned in a solid outing but Kolby Allard allowed a grand slam to Peter O’Brien in a 5-2 loss to the Miami Marlins. Adam Duvall went 1-for-2 and drove in a run while Cristian Pache stayed red hot with two more singles. Teheran on spring progress: ‘I’m getting there’Teheran overcame a rough first inning and may have positioned himself for a sixth-straight Opening Day start. Teheran allowed just one run and struck out six over four innings on Sunday against the Marlins. He has shown added velocity early in the spring and told MLB.com’s Glenn Sattell that he is feeling good. Atlanta Braves Spring Stock Watch (Week 3)We take a closer look at where things stand with the Braves in relation to the Opening Day roster. There are still some injury concerns on the pitching side of things but it looks like Max Fried has positioned himself to either open the season in the rotation or the bullpen. MLB NewsVladimir Guerrero Jr. Suffers Oblique StrainBlue Jays prospect Vladimir Guerrero Jr suffered an oblique strain and is expected to be out about three weeks. That injury will officially remove any chance he had for opening the season on Toronto’s Opening Day roster. The Blue Jays were widely expected to leave Guerrero in the minors long enough to start the season to gain an extra year of team control before promoting him to the majors. Diamondbacks To Sign Adam JonesThe Arizona Diamondbacks reached an agreement on a one-year deal with free agent outfielder Adam Jones. Per reports, the deal is worth $3 million guaranteed. Rangers name LHP Minor Opening Day starterFormer Braves lefty Mike Minor will be the Opening Day starter for the Texas Rangers when they open the season against the Chicago Cubs on March 28. No Extension Talks Between Tigers, Nick CastellanosNick Castellanos is still interested in discussing a long term extension with the Detroit Tigers but talks to this point have not taken place.
liny195

Zurück zu Bewerbungen / Applications