www.redsfanproshop.com

www.redsfanproshop.com

Beitragvon liny195 » Mi 8. Mai 2019, 01:50

TAMPA Jose Peraza Jersey , Fla. (AP) — Yankees owner Hal Steinbrenner thinks New York has a championship-caliber team as it heads into Thursday’s opener against Baltimore.“We’re excited,” Steinbrenner said Tuesday after watching CC Sabathia pitch in a minor league game. “We’re as good as anybody. The team is going to do everything they can to win this thing. I believe they’re going to play up to their potential.”Steinbrenner thinks the Yankees have enough depth to overcome injuries to Sabathia, Luis Severino, Dellin Betances, Didi Gregorius, Aaron Hicks, and Jordan Montgomery.“I’d like to be more healthy, but the good news is none of the injuries are significant and the guys are going to be back,” Steinbrenner said.New York went 100-62 last season for its best record since 2009, yet finished eight games back of the AL East champion Boston Red Sox, who won the World Series for the fourth time in 15 seasons.Last year’s Yankees, led by Aaron Judge and Giancarlo Stanton set a major league record with 267 homers, three more than the 1997 Seattle Mariners.The Yankees focused on pitching during the offseason http://www.redsfanproshop.com/authentic-cliff-pennington-jersey , adding Adam Ottavino and James Paxton, and re-signing Sabathia, Zack Britton, and J.A. Happ.Youngsters Domingo German and Jonathan Loaisiga will fill two spots in the rotation in the opening weeks.“Our pitching from top to bottom is still very good,” Steinbrenner said of Yankees’ minor league system. “Charleston may have the best rotation of all. We’re strong.”Sabathia made his second start since undergoing a heart procedure in December. He allowed one run, two hits and struck out three over three innings in a Triple-A game against Philadelphia minor leaguers. He also made a nice defensive play, coming forward off the mound to field a grounder and then throwing the batter out at first base.“I felt great,” Sabathia said after throwing 28 of 40 pitches for strikes. “Just try to build up the next start.”Sabathia, scheduled to pitch again on Monday, will remain in Florida to work out and will not be at Yankee Stadium for Thursday’s opener. He plans to retire after the season.“Opening day is not that special, I’d rather be there for the World Series,” a smiling Sabathia said.When asked if he was going to watch the opener on TV, Sabathia jokingly said he had to see first if he had “some Netflix shows” to watch.The 38-year old Matt Harvey Jersey , who is expected to miss his first two of three regular-season starts, will be on the opening day roster while serving a five-game suspension for hitting the Tampa Bay Rays’ Jesus Sucre with a pitch in his final outing last season.NOTES: German pitched in a Double-A game. … OF Clint Frazier, coming back from a concussion-wrecked season, played center field in the Triple-A game. Hicks, the starting center fielder, will begin the season on the injured list with a lower back ailment. Space Lasers! More action, and other bullets"Cubs Win! Berrr-wyn! Recap.svengoolie.comSven is the season going to start, already? Without further ado, here’s today’s Cubs News and Notes. As always * means autoplay on, or annoying ads, or both (directions to remove for Firefox and Chrome).Home Run Derby feedback:Tom Kuebel (arizonasports.com): D-backs and Cubs break attendance record at Salt River Fields. “...the Arizona Diamondbacks sell out crowd of 14,035 attendees for Saturday’s spring training game against the Chicago Cubs set a single-game record for Salt River Fields at Talking Stick.”Jesse Rogers (ESPN*): Forget Craig Kimbrel, Cubs seeking relief from within as bullpen injuries mount. “I don’t foresee [adding] anything significant at all at this time Scott Schebler Jersey ,” Cubs president Theo Epstein said earlier this week. Mark Gonzales (Chicago Tribune* {$}): 4 takeaways from Cubs spring training, including Tyler Chatwood’s rebound and insurance policies at catcher and infielder. “We’re all pulling for him,” Kyle Hendricks said after Chatwood threw 11 of 16 pitches for strikes.Jordan Bastian (MLB.com*): Life as a swingman: Be ready for anything. “You can’t have clean innings all the time,” Cubs pitching coach Tommy Hottovy said. “So, we’re trying to start simulating some more game-type situations for everybody.”Mark Gonzales (Chicago Tribune* {$}): ‘Cut from the same cloth,’ Dillon Maples and James Norwood are itching to become fixtures in the Cubs bullpen. “...it’s all about fastball command,” Maddon said, referring to Maples.Ben Weinrib (Big League Stew): Cubs catcher Willson Contreras raising money, awareness in fight for native Venezuela. “Contreras has become an outspoken critic of his home country’s dictator Nicolas Maduro, and he’s made powerful allies for saving his family and standing up for his people.”Jordan Bastian (MLB.com*): Kris Bryant tempted by potential Derby windfall. “I don’t know if I’m going to do it, but I think you’re going to get more action, more guys wanting to do it. There’s going to be more of a pool to choose from. I think that’s kind of what they want,” he said. Evan Altman antes in. Patrick Mooney {$} adds on.Tony Andracki (NBC Sports Chicago*): 19 for ‘19: How does the Addison Russell situation shake out? “From a strictly baseball standpoint http://www.redsfanproshop.com/authentic-cliff-pennington-jersey , the main question would be whose spot Russell takes on the roster.”Sean Holland (Cubs Insider): Kyle Schwarber displaying opposite-field power stroke this spring. “... many have noted how much more athletic he looks in the box this spring.”Mark Gonzales (Chicago Tribune* {$}): Albert Almora Jr. is one of the Cubs’ longest-tenured — and most respected — players: ‘To see the way he handles himself is something we can look up to’. “In this game, you learn from experience,” Almora said. Cubs birthdays: Fred Pfeffer, Bill Gannon, Charlie Root, Hy Vandenberg, Hank Sauer, Jerry Tabb, Bill Mueller, Scott Downs, Food for thought:
liny195

Zurück zu Bewerbungen / Applications