There’s no way the Bengals will beat the Steelers this Sunda

There’s no way the Bengals will beat the Steelers this Sunda

Beitragvon zhangzk » Fr 14. Dez 2018, 02:06

If you root for the Bengals Black James Conner Jersey , you probably think I’m a smug, arrogant and entitled Steelers fan, based on the title of this article—and you’d be right...when it comes to the Bengals. No offense. When the Steelers righted their ship last Sunday with a thorough and thoroughly enjoyable 41-17 beating of the Falcons at Heinz Field, I thought it was fitting that their next opponent would be AFC North “rival” Cincinnati. What perfect timing.The Steelers can go into Paul Brown Stadium, their home away from home, and continue to get well by knocking off the AFC North’s “top” team. That’s right, I put the word top in quotation marks, and it’s because I think the Bengals’ current 4-1 record is about as menacing at Dr. Evil’s laser in Austin Powers 2: The Spy Who Shagged Me.Let’s be honest, baby, the Bengals don’t have the mojo, the libido, the life-force, the essence, the right stuff. What the Browns call a certain...they don’t know what.I mean, who are we kidding, why would I Black Jon Bostic Jersey , or any other Steelers’ fan, be scared of Cincinnati? I think its pretty clear that Pittsburgh has been living rent-free in the Bengals’ heads for many years. The Bengals haven’t defeated Pittsburgh since Week 8 of the 2015 season. Since then, they’ve dropped 6-straight to the Steelers, this despite supposedly having a talented roster. There was that game at Cincinnati in December of 2015, where linebacker Vontaze Burfict tried to hurt so many Steelers, head coach Mike Tomlin didn’t even want to shake his hand after Pittsburgh got done beating the Bengals by 13 points—and Tomlin is a freakin’ player’s coach! A few weeks later, there was that wildcard game at Paul Brown Stadium where the...okay, I won’t do that to you. You know what happened at the end of that game.The following December, the Steelers found themselves back at Paul Brown Stadium and also found themselves in a 17-3 hole. The free-loading tenant would finally get kicked out of the Bengals’ minds. Ha ha, just kidding. What really happened was that Pittsburgh came all the way back to win on the strength of six Chris Boswell field goals. And last December, again at PBS, Cincinnati built a 17-0 lead, before two Bengals’ defenders stood around near the sidelines and watched as Steelers’ running back Le’Veon Bell strolled past them for a touchdown that helped pave the way to a 23-20 victory. Now, on to this week’s game between the two combatants at Paul Brown Stadium. You’re probably waiting for me to break things down in an analytical way, with the help of statistics, matchups and trends.Hahaha Youth Le'Veon Bell Jersey , why would I do that, when it doesn’t seem to matter how these two teams are trending and performing in the weeks prior to facing off? My first prediction for Sunday’s game: Burfict, in his crazy zest to get revenge on Steelers’ receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster for Smith-Schuster’s vicious (and awesome) block of Burfict, last December 4, followed by some disrepsectful (and glorious) taunting, will pull out all the stops by doing something so egregious — I’m predicting Burfict will bring a sack of doorknobs out onto the field at some point—he’ll probably get penalized for unsportsmanlike conduct twice...on the same play.Bild
This will play a major role in a narrow-victory by the Steelers on Sunday afternoon, followed by many trips to therapists by Bengals’ fans on Monday morning. My second and final prediction for Sunday’s game: Steelers 26, Bengals 21.How will the two teams arrive at that score? Simply by the Steelers being the Steelers, and the Bengals being the Bengals. The end. The Pittsburgh Steelers are about to experience a good problem coming off a Week 7 bye week. They are getting healthy.One of the players who is finally getting back to the field is free agent acquisition, Morgan Burnett. Burnett has missed more games than he has participated in this season with a nagging groin injury, but the Week 7 bye week seems to have gotten the former Green Bay Packers safety ready to go.Barring a setback, some fans are wondering who will start at safety if/when Burnett returns?Rookie Terrell Edumunds, who has filled Burnett’s shoes during his absence? Or Burnett resuming the role he was signed to fill?According to Mark Kaboly of The Athletic, it will be Edmunds who remains the starter, whether Burnett is back or not.Edmunds, who has had both his good and bad moments throughout the first 6 weeks of his NFL career Youth Cameron Heyward Jersey , will be alongside Sean Davis, likely due to a bond and familiarity being developed over the course of the season. If Burnett had been with the Steelers for the past several years, this story may read differently, but Burnett has just as much to learn about how the Steelers operate on the field on game days, as Edmunds does as a rookie.On top of that, getting Burnett back will also help the defense in a different way. Burnett is a tremendous sub package linebacker who can cover tight ends, running backs and slot receivers. The main difference is he is also savvy, and talented, enough to stop the run with his above average tackling skills.Having Burnett back will also hopefully eliminate opposing offenses from abusing the matchup with the linebacker in the slot. Anyone else remember watching Vince Williams trying to cover AJ Green in the Week 6 win in Cincinnati? Yeah, that isn’t ideal, and Burnett could help make sure those types of situations don’t happen.Edmunds hasn’t set the world on fire, but getting Burnett back will certainly help the defense as a whole as Edmunds continues to get acclimated to his role and responsibilities at the NFL level.Stay tuned to BTSC for the latest news and notes surrounding the Pittsburgh Steelers as they prepare for their Week 8 contest against the Cleveland Browns at Heinz Field.
zhangzk

Zurück zu Mesmer / Mesmer