http://www.buccaneerscheapshops.com

http://www.buccaneerscheapshops.com

Beitragvon zhangzk » Do 21. Feb 2019, 07:03

Key Plays: How the Bucs beat the Eagles Not many - including fans of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers - predicted a 2-0 start. Partially because of diminished confidence following a disappointing 2017 Cheap Gerald McCoy Jersey , and mostly because just about everybody was making predictions for the first few games, not the first couple.We’re two weeks into the three game suspension being served by quarterback Jameis Winston, and back-up Ryan Fitzpatrick has been playing like a man possessed.He isn’t alone though as the whole team seems to be clicking at the right time instead of floundering at the wrong times.Every scoring play is key, we all know that, but here are five plays which really steered the Bucs towards victory - including the most important scores.In chronological order -The Play: Bucs take an early shot, and it lands!In New Orleans, Tampa Bay’s offense dialed up a play-action pass for the first throw of the game and it went yard for their first score of the game.The deep ball to DeSean Jackson from Fitzpatrick was a thing of beauty and got the Bucs faithful excited early.Copy and paste this to Week 2 against Philadelphia, and here’s what you get, another beautiful connection between Fitzpatrick and Jackson, and another big score which got Bucs fans excited in a hurry.Starting games fast was a big issue last year, so seeing the offense rolling so quickly is great. Seeing them do it two weeks in a row is amazing.As the Fox broadcast team pointed out on Sunday, coming out swinging really seemed to knock Philadelphia off balance early. Of course, the Eagles are the champs for a reason, so it would take more than just one hay-maker to knock them down for good.The Play: JPP gets a clutch sackSome criticism was hurled in the direction of Jason Pierre-Paul when he was traded to the Buccaneers. There were some who said he’d lost some of his talent and failed to get sacks in key spots during early parts of games.Well, at least for this week, this couldn’t be further from the truth. Nearing the end of the first quarter, Tampa Bay was still leading via the Fitzpatrick to Jackson salvo, and moving into Eagles territory when disaster struck.Normally sure-handed and focused, tight end O.J. Howard failed to secure a pass while getting hit, leading to a tip-drill interception giving Philadelphia the ball in Bucs territory.It looked to be a key moment for the Eagles, but JPP quickly turned in his own clutch play to swing the tide back to the good-guys.The sack not only prevented the Eagles from building on the momentum stemming from the interception. It also led to the team outright squandering the chance to put up points while getting the ball in Bucs territory altogether. Three plays after this sack, Philadelphia punted, and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers held on to their early lead.The Play: Classmates convoy to the end zoneO.J. Howard and Chris Godwin are both in the early stages of their second-year as professional football players, and both are off to a great start.Howard didn’t get a score last week Buccaneers Chandler Catanzaro Jersey , but he showed some of the trademark athleticism and receiving ability which made him the 19th overall pick in the first place.Godwin has continued to bring exponential return on investment after somehow slipping to the third-round of the NFL Draft in 2017.The first two offensive players added to the Bucs roster in last spring’s selection meeting joined forces in the late minutes of the second-quarter in this one.After coming out of a timeout, which honestly had me a bit annoyed, Fitzpatrick hit Howard on a slant. The tight end then made Eagles cornerback Ronald Darby miss and proceeded to follow Godwin down the opposing sideline as the former Penn State star effectively sealed former Buckeyes safety and current Eagle, Malcolm Jenkins away from his teammate.The end result was a touchdown. The second big strike of the afternoon, and a very impressive way of recapturing the lead after Philadelphia had tied the game at seven.Scoring is always key, but this one is just a little more impactful given the length of the play, the length of the run after the catch, and the teamwork which made it happen.The Play: Another timeout, another scoreWhen the Buccaneers had to spend a timeout on the play proceeding the Howard score, I experienced a small emotional event. Why the team was unable to execute a play coming out of a natural timeout was beyond me. It showed a lack of focus. A lack of preparation. This was NOT how you beat Super Bowl Champions! Yep.The Buccaneers spent another timeout later in the second quarter and while this one was much more reasonable and sparked a much lesser response from me personally, the result was the same. A touchdown.This time Chris Godwin was on the receiving end of the touchdown pass as Tampa Bay extended their lead to two possessions before hitting the locker room for halftime. Important, because points are King in the NFL, and because the Eagles got the ball first to start the second half.Scoring two touchdowns coming out of two timeouts just supports what Bucs fans have all been saying. This team is just better than others at adjusting and calling plays which exploit the opposition.Well, maybe we should start saying it.The Play: A Browns blessingUp to this point I think an argument can be made saying Carl Nassib has benefited from being let go by the Browns more than the Bucs have from picking him up. Which is fine.Nassib wasn’t brought in to dominate the opposition and become a Pro Bowl defensive end. No, he was brought in as a role player. Well, nearing midway through the fourth quarter, Nassib played his role well.There are three defenders involved immediately in this play: Nassib, Lavonte David and Gerald McCoy.David is the one who makes contact with Eagles tight end Zach Ertz as he tries to make the catch. McCoy almost intercepts the deflected pass. What does Nassib do? He forces the whole thing to happen.Players in Nassib’s position can sometimes over extend themselves. Get a bit of a free release and they just run full steam towards the quarterback only to have the ball sail over their heads into the waiting arms of a Pro Bowl tight end for big yards and a momentum swinging result.Not Nassib and not here. Instead, Nassib and his teammates read the play and the former Browns waiver victim denies Ertz his outside release where his blockers were preparing to pave the way downfield.Instead, Ertz gets bottled up inside with an offensive lineman and David, and when Foles throws the ball there isn’t an analytic anywhere which would predict success.Nassib didn’t make the hit or nearly grab an interception on the play, but he was most definitely the key to it all.The play led to an obvious passing situation on 3rd-and-10, and another on 4th-and-10. Keeping Foles in predictable situations aided in the Bucs’ defense coming up big, up two scores Cheap Mike Evans Jersey , with the Eagles again in Tampa Bay territory.Given how the game turned out, I think we can all agree denying the Eagles the opportunity to convert field position into points was crucial to this Week 2 win. Gerald McCoy is puzzled when he hears people question the ability of fellow NFL players, particularly backup quarterbacks such as Nick Foles and Ryan Fitzpatrick."It's the NFL," Tampa Bay's six-time Pro Bowl defensive tackle said. "Everybody's good."Foles' success filling in for the injured Carson Wentz is one of the biggest reasons why the Philadelphia Eagles (1-0) were able to win the Super Bowl after losing their starting quarterback late last season.Fitzpatrick has McCoy's Buccaneers (1-0) off to a promising start without suspended starter Jameis Winston after playing arguably the best game of a 14-year career that includes stints with seven teams."I don't get when a person, an analyst or fan or anybody says: 'Oh, he's not good.' ... "That's a horrible thing to say about an NFL player because there are people who would give anything to be in the NFL," McCoy said. "They just didn't have what it takes to be 'not good.'"McCoy calls Foles "MVP" because the Eagles quarterback has been the most valuable player in a Pro Bowl, as well as last season's Super Bowl."He always laughs when I call him that," the ninth-year pro said, looking ahead to facing the defending NFL champions Sunday at Raymond James Stadium."He's a great player. He doesn't do more than he's asked to do," McCoy added. "He's a great leader, and just a great guy overall."Those are some of the same attributes McCoy sees in Fitzpatrick, who threw for a career-best 417 yards, four touchdowns and zero interceptions to help the Bucs surprise New Orleans 48-40 on the road last week.The 35-year-old Fitzpatrick, who has 120 career starts and is one of just four players in NFL history to toss TD passes for seven different franchises, also rushed for a TD."Confidence is a huge thing, whether you're out there or not," Fitzpatrick said, addressing what it takes to be a successful backup.After going 2-1 filling in for an injured Winston last season, Fitzpatrick is slated for a minimum three starts this year while the No. 1 overall pick from the 2015 draft serves a suspension for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy."But also, more so than my confidence in myself ... is when you're in the huddle, whether you're the starter or you're the backup, you can feel from the playcaller, you can feel by the guys looking at you whether they have confidence in you Cheap Vernon Hargreaves III Jersey ," Fitzpatrick said."I think with all the different experiences I've had, I just continue to become a better player," Fitzpatrick added. "Whether people think that or see that, I'm better right now than at any point in my career. A lot of that is mentally, and whatever else."Foles, who threw for 117 yards, no touchdowns and one interception in Philadelphia's 18-12 season-opening victory over Atlanta, is 2-0 in career starts against the Bucs. He completed 66 percent of his passes for 677yards, five TDs and zero picks in leading the Eagles to road victories in 2012 and 2013.Eagles coach Doug Pederson started 17 games during a playing career that spanned 10 seasons with four teams.So, he has plenty of insight into what it takes to be an effective backup."I think in the case of both Nick and Ryan, they've studied the game for so long, they're veteran players, they've started and played in this league. ... You can't discount that," Pederson said. "When we lost our starter for the season (last year) ... the guys rallied around Nick, supported Nick and never once doubted what Nick was able to do. I think that's the same thing in Tampa Bay (with Winston's suspension)."Some things to know when the Eagles visit the Bucs:THE FIRST ONEFoles earned his first career win his rookie season at Tampa Bay on Dec. 9, 2012. He threw for 381 yards and two touchdowns, including the winning score to Jeremy Maclin from the 1 with no time left on the clock. Foles also had a 15-yard TD run in the game. The Eagles finished 4-12 that year, Andy Reid's final one in Philadelphia. Foles was 1-6."I just remember sitting at my locker after the game thinking that wasn't easy to get that win. It was really special," Foles said. "At that point, I didn't know how it was going to be because I hadn't won and it was a tough year for us."ON THE MENDThe status of Bucs receiver DeSean Jackson (shoulder/concussion) for Sunday is uncertain after the speedy 11th-year pro had five receptions for 146 yards and two touchdowns in Tampa Bay's win over the Saints last week. It was the best game the former Eagles star has had since joining the Bucs in 2017. Jackson didn't practice Wednesday, but participated on a limited basis Thursday.With Brent Grimes still not practicing because of a sore groin and Vernon Hargreaves III on injured reserve after hurting his shoulder in the opener, the Bucs could be without their top two cornerbacks against the Eagles. That figures to mean bigger roles for rookies Carlton Davis III and M.J. Stewart.BRADHAM'S BACKEagles linebacker Nigel Bradham returns to the lineup after serving a one-game suspension in Week 1. Bradham was the team's leading tackler last year and took over playcalling in the huddle after Jordan Hicks was injured."He's an important part of our defense," defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz said. "We were able to cover up some things in his absence. We've had to do that for a lot of different situations with different players. It'll be good to get him back for sure."Hicks returned to the lineup last week after rupturing an Achilles tendon last October. He had 1 1/2 sacks.
zhangzk

Zurück zu Mesmer / Mesmer