Craig Mager Color Rush Jersey

Craig Mager Color Rush Jersey

Beitragvon linchao » Fr 19. Apr 2019, 01:55

This is a great time of year to be thankful for what we have Craig Mager Color Rush Jersey , where we have been, and what the future holds. Although the Chargers have lost their way a bit in recent years, the month of December still holds such incredible promise! This advent calendar is an attempt to hearken back to these days of December joy. Each day will bring a new advent from the Bolts’ history that makes it wonderful to be a Chargers fan.Dec. 09: A History of Chargers Vs. BengalsThe history between the Los Angeles Chargers and the Cincinnati Bengals has a little bit more meaning to me when these two teams meet up. I’ll explain in a bit, but before that lets get acquainted with the team with the second best helmet in the NFL鈥hen these two meet later on today, it will be the 36th time these teams have met. The Chargers lead the all-time series 20-15, but that gap has narrowed down recently. In the past five meetings, the Chargers have only won once- in 2013’s AFC Wildcard game where they won 27-10 on the heels of touchdowns from Ladarius Green, Danny Woodhead and Ronnie Brown. I guess if you are going to win any of the past five games, make it count in the playoffs. The last time these two teams played was in 2015. That game saw the Bengals jump to an early lead, forcing the Chargers to play catch-up all game. Stevie Johnson and Malcolm Floyd scored the only Chargers touchdown that day. The touchdown pass from Philip Rivers to Johnson in the third quarter was Rivers’ 255th, passing Dan Fouts on the Chargers all-time list. Perhaps the most famous meeting between these two clubs happened in 1981. Dubbed the ‘Freezer Bowl’, the Bengals hosted the Don Coryell-led Chargers for the AFC Championship game winning 27-7. The game was called the Freezer Bowl because it was the coldest game in NFL history as far as wind chill. That day there were 27 mile per hour winds swirling in Riverfront Stadium Jason Verrett Color Rush Jersey , making it feel like -37 F.For more Chargers/Bengals matchup results here is a link.鈥︹€?..Which brings me to the special significance I hold when these two teams play each other. This story involves my sister who is four years younger than me, which in 1988 puts her at the age of seven years old. So one day I’m sitting there and I ask her who her favorite NFL team was. She didn’t really watch football, and I’m not really sure why I even cared if she had a favorite team or not. But that day I made her choose a team. She seemed interested and so I had to figure out the best way for her to make her choice. There was no internet back then, so finding a way for her to unobjectively choose her favorite team took some imagination. And then I remembered one of my greatest pastimes around Christmas: skimming through the annual Sears Christmas Wish Book Catalog to make my Wishlist.After practically memorizing that whole catalog from looking at it everyday the previous winter, I knew that catalog would have all the logos. In color.I flipped to the NFL section to let her look at all the teams and she chose the Cincinnati Bengals. As she told me that day, ‘They have the best helmet”. I’ll give credit to my sister. She’s been rooting for the Bengals ever since then. And it has now been 30 years since that fateful day. She’s been rooting for them for a lot of four and three win seasons, and even a two win season. As Chargers fans, we think we’ve had it bad, sometimes we forget that the Bengals for a time there had people showing up to the games wearing paper bags over their heads. We’ve been to a few games at the Q and I always felt like I had to protect her from unruly Chargers fans if anything came up. They didn’t, but I always felt on the ready.So, with that being said, I kind of created this Bengal Monster that I call my sister. She wears her jerseys Denzel Perryman Color Rush Jersey , she has this Bengals head piece she brings over when they play. Its an all-around great time when we get to meet up as sibling rivals.That’s why there’s a little bit more a stake when these two teams play each other. And it’s always one of those games that I always look forward to every time they play. COSTA MESA, Calif. (AP) — A 2-2 record after the first quarter of the season is not where Philip Rivers thought the Los Angeles Chargers would be, but it is a vast improvement compared to the past couple seasons.The Chargers got to .500 with a 29-27 victory over the San Francisco 49ers on Sunday. It is the first time since 2015 they are even after four games and better than their 0-4 start to last season.If the Chargers are going to start stringing together wins, the next two weeks present a prime opportunity. They host Oakland (1-3) next Sunday and then are at Cleveland (1-2-1) on Oct. 14. The Chargers then have an Oct. 21 game at London against Tennessee (3-1) before their bye week.For a team that won six of its final nine games last season, the Chargers know that they need to position themselves well before November to make a run for their first postseason berth since 2013.“We’ve got to go. We can’t keep going win for loss the whole way there. We know what that does — that usually leaves you on the outside looking in,” said Rivers, who was 25 of 39 for 250 yards with three TD passes and an interception. “Now we have a chance to win two in a row next week with the Raiders coming in.”Rivers did end up reaching a couple milestones in Sunday’s game. It marked the 200th game of his career and he passed John Elway for the eighth-most passing yards in NFL history. Rivers has 51,504 yards in 15 seasons.Coach Anthony Lynn and Rivers have talked all year about the versatility of the offense, and they showed it off on Sunday. Rivers completed passes to eight players while running backs Melvin Gordon and Austin Ekeler averaged 5.6 yards per carry against a Niners defense that was 10th against the run and allowing only 97 yards per game.“I think last year when we were rolling, we were balanced. We’ve been that this year for the most part,” said Rivers who has thrown for three or more touchdowns in five of the past six games.BEATHARD MAKES STRIDES San Francisco’s C.J. Beathard showed improvement from his rookie season. The second-year quarterback was 23 of 37 for 298 yards with two touchdowns and two interceptions. His 82.9 passer rating is his second highest in six career starts.“I felt a lot more comfortable being out there in control. I definitely felt a lot more comfortable than last year,” he said.Beathard’s best throw of the day came on an 82-yard touchdown to George Kittle Antonio Gates Color Rush Jersey , where he found a wide open Kittle at the at the Niners’ 40. Kittle, who was also a teammate of Beathard’s at Iowa, caught it in stride and was able to outrun Chargers’ defenders to the end zone.GROUND GORDON: Most of Gordon’s big plays the first three games were as a receiver, but he had his first 100-yard rushing game of the season on Sunday with 104 yards on 15 carries. He had two carries of 15 yards or more, including a 34-yarder to the San Francisco 4 during the fourth quarter that helped set up Sturgis’ go-ahead field goal.“I think I had some good blocks, made some guys miss and guys kind of got lazy on the tackles, and you got to make them pay for it,” Gordon said.It is the sixth 100-yard rushing game of Gordon’s career and his first since last Oct. 29 against New England.GROUNDED: It was a bad day for San Francisco’s running game and its run defense. Matt Breida came in tied for the league lead in rushing but he was held to 39 yards on nine carries.The defense was 10th against the run and allowing only 97 yards per game but allowed a 100-yard rusher for the first time in 11 games.KICKING WOES: Sturgis made three field goals, but he also missed two extra points and a 54-yard field goal attempt. Lynn wasn’t immediately saying that Sturgis’ job is in danger, but it wouldn’t be a surprise if the team brought in kickers for tryouts this week.The Chargers have missed eight PATs since the start of last season, which is the most in the league.TACKLE TROUBLES? The starting left tackles for both teams ended up getting injured during the first half and did not return. San Francisco’s Joe Staley suffered a knee injury midway through the second quarter and Los Angeles’ Russell Okung strained a groin on the last offensive play of the first half.
linchao

Zurück zu Spam