He’s got the magic in him: Windy City Gridiron picks Bears-B

He’s got the magic in him: Windy City Gridiron picks Bears-B

Beitragvon panxing18 » Fr 16. Nov 2018, 06:52

Ryan Fitzpatrick is one of the NFL’s most heartwarming tales because he’s proof that short hot streaks will always find you work in a quarterback-starved sport. He’s evidence that teams and coaches are desperate enough to invest in him as a backup passer http://www.chicagobearsteamonline.com/kyle-long-jersey , at minimum, ignoring the various and expected turnover-laden blemishes of his career. That belief has led to another hot start for Fitzpatrick, or should I say, “Fitzmagic” as he leads the NFL in yards-per-pass-attempt at over 11. He’s galvanized an explosive offense in Tampa Bay, and the Buccaneers are one of the more surprising teams in the early goings of the 2018 season considering they had the Eagles, Saints, and Steelers on their schedule to kick things off. Something tells me the Buccaneers’ offensive success thus far is more about having one of the best pass-catching groups in the NFL featuring Mike Evans, DeSean Jackson, and O.J. Howard, than it is about Fitzpatrick being an elite quarterback. He’s bound to fall back to Earth anytime now, and very possibly against a great Bears defense on Sunday at Soldier Field. As Pennywise The Clown says: we all float down here. Here are Windy City Gridiron’s staff picks for Bears-Buccaneers.Robert Zeglinski: Bears 24 Buccaneers 17Whether it’s Fitzpatrick or Jameis Winston, an opportunistic Bears defense forces a few turnovers to galvanize a win going into the bye week.Lester A. Wiltfong Jr.: Bears 28 Buccaneers 17The Buccaneers have a talented group of receiving options that have been aiding Fitzmagic, but he won’t have the time necessary to consistently find them. Jacob Infante: Buccaneers 21 Bears 17This is depressing for me to write Authentic Jordan Howard Jersey , but I feel that Chicago’s offense won’t be able to keep up with the high-octane Tampa Bay offense led by Fitzpatrick.Aaron Leming: Buccaneers 24 Bears 21As much as I want to pick the Bears, recent history hasn’t been kind against the Buccaneers. It comes down to scoring enough to win and I’m not confident the Bears can do that yet. Jack Silverstein: Bears 21 Buccaneers 10Four field goals by Cody Parkey, a Tarik Cohen 58-yard screen, and a Khalil Mack Truck safety cover the scoring as the Bears defense brings the curtain down on Fitzmagic with five sacks and four takeaways.Sam Householder: Buccaneers 24 Bears 16Here’s the thing: No matter which Buccaneers quarterback plays they’re both the same, and the Bears’ secondary is suspect. Meanwhile the Tampa Bay third-ranked rushing defense and 31st-ranked passing defense will make Mitchell Trubisky beat them. Have we seen evidence he can do that yet?Josh Sunderbruch: Bears 20 Buccaneers 16The Bears largely hold the Bucs to field goals, while Matt Nagy takes advantage of short fields and the defense provides a touchdown to power the Bears to 3-1 heading into the bye. Erik Duerrwaechter: Bears 31 Buccaneers 27It’s going to be a high scoring affair. With the red hot Bears defense at home going against a shaky quarterback situation in Tampa Bay, there should be plenty of sacks and takeaways to slow down whichever quarterback is in the lineup. It will also come down to if Trubisky can come through against a suspect Buccaneers secondary. E.J. Snyder: Bears 27 Buccaneers 13The Buccaneers offense is staggering a bit after their tilt with the Steelers while the Bears defense is firing on all cylinders. On the flip side, the Tampa Bay secondary is in shambles and for the first time in years, the Bears have enough weapons in the passing game to exploit it.Andrew Link: Bears 27 Buccaneers 20Fitzpatrick is most likely to get the start, and after Monday night’s performance, he can get rattled with pressure. Guess who’s good at pressuring the quarterback ...Patti Curl: Bears 35 Bucs 21Fitzmagic throws five touchdowns and looks good doing it. Never mind that two of them will be to Bears defenders. Trubisky moves the ball efficiently and throws for two scores, but has some ugly rushed throws with poor mechanics and a pick resulting from a catchable Dion Sims tip into the air. Bears fans beg Ryan Pace to trade Trubisky for Fitzpatrick.WhiskeyRanger: Bears 27 Buccaneers 20The Fitzmagic waned a bit last week when the Steelers were able to get some pressure on the beautifully bearded Tampa Bay quarterback. I feel like there’s a team whose primary strength lies in doing exactly that. If only I could remember who that team was? Ken Mitchell: Bears 24 Buccaneers 17Fitzmagic is no match for the Mack-Monster and company. Period.WCG Contributors: Jeff Berckes; Patti Curl; Eric Christopher Duerrwaechter; Kev H; Sam Householder; Jacob Infante; Aaron Lemming; Andrew Link; Ken Mitchell; Steven Schweickert; Jack Silverstein; EJ Snyder; Lester Wiltfong, Jr.; Robert Zeglinski; Like us on Facebook.Bears vs Packers postgame: Bears start hot but Packers rally for a devastating 24-23 loss I came into this game with more hope and fear than I have for any Bears game in recent memory. An overflowing chalice of exciting changes meant boundless unproven potential that left with more butterflies in my stomach than I ever have before playing a game myself. The funny thing is http://www.chicagobearsteamonline.com/kyle-fuller-jersey , the better things went for the Bears, the more butterflies flew in. It all felt so fragile. I made the mistake of getting too comfortable as the Bears lead seemed heavily-cemented.Sometimes a play rips your heart out. Sometimes there are few of those plays in the same game. The Bears showed so much promise and had so many terrific moments but in the end, they couldn’t make the killing blow. Maybe Nagy’s play calling was too conservative, but to me, it was a combination by some great play by one of the best QBs in the league and the cards falling the wrong way in some crucial moments. I was in a positive mood as I wrote most of this article, and I don’t have the heart to try to edit it. K.R.E.A.M.Khalil rules everything around me. Mack got the money, and he’s proving he’s worth every beautiful penny. He makes everyone on the defensive line better. He makes the linebackers better. He makes the secondary better. And then he gets a strip-sack and a pick six against Deshone Kizer an NFL quarterback. Mack made his presence known on the first play, bull-rushing Bryan Bulaga into Rodgers and forcing a pressured throw away. Then he never let his presence be forgotten.Speaking of which...Akiem Hicks is going to feast this seasonWith Khalil Mack distracting the offense and demanding double teams, Hicks is in a prime position to have a career year. He started it right: Hicks had a QB hit in the first series; in the second series he had a crucial sack and followed it up by forcing a holding penalty and ultimately a three-and-out.And let’s not forget Roy Robertson-HarrisThis rising UDFA had his share of pressures, including forcing the errant throw that led to Mack’s pick six. If he continues to develop, I’m going to start to feel guilty about all of the good things the Bears have on their defense. But that’s just my neurosis. They rest of you are allowed to just bask in the glory.Roquan’s highlight reel is starting earlyWhen NFL Films produces it’s “A Football Life” on Roquan Smith, I imagine they will have Vic Fangio be the one to describe how he got a sack on his very first play in an NFL game. Even if he was mostly picking up Mack’s scraps, it makes for a great story and a great start for a potential DROY campaign. And in case anyone forgot about Tarik CohenI almost couldn’t blame you. With everything that happened this off-season and limited preseason snaps Womens Eric Kush Jersey , Cohen had been chilling under the radar for a while. He’s still as exciting as ever. Beautiful punt returns, runs, and receptions. He’ll be a delight to watch all season.Howard leveled up his paws this off-season And caught every ball thrown to him. Speaking of those two rock-toters...On the first two plays, the Bears demonstrated that they could succeed with plays that were both creative—Jordan Howard and Michael Burton both blocking fpr Tarik Cohen on the first play—and bread and butter—Howard romped forward for a first down on the second play. On paper, Packers should have one of the best defensive fronts in football. Kenny Clark, Mike Daniels, and Muhammad Wilkerson are all very good and represent the second-best position group on the Pack, and the Bears backfield put up a respectable performance considering.Bears need to work on their hurry-up defenseGreen Bay had nothing going before moving to a hurry-up offense and everything going afterwards. I hope this doesn’t turn into a blueprint for beating the Bears defense. Step One: have the most talented quarterback in the league. Step Two: enter hurry up. Everyone’s going to start doing it...Randall Cobb running the field is truly humiliatingThis is the rain on our parade. I haven’t breathed in at least 30 seconds when I write this. If this post is published, it means I eventually started breathing again.Dion Sims dropped a ball that literally hit him in the chestAnd then he forgot to step forward one yard before turning around for a catch on third and 1. Hopefully he’ll earn his 6 million in other games.That’s my NagyBears go for it on 4th and 4 at their own 37. It didn’t work, but I don’t care. I love it. I think I just quoted Icona Pop featuring Charli XCX and I also don’t care about that. The Bears are going to be so much fun this season.A lot of promising weaponsEarly in the third Chris Collinsworth lamented “That’s when it really gets frustrating for the defense...” when the Packers think they have everyone covered, the ball goes to the last guy, Michael Burton. Michael Burton doesn’t really count as one of the weapons, but the Bears pulled out the whole arsenal today. Taylor Gabriel started things off with a big gain http://www.chicagobearsteamonline.com/danny-trevathan-jersey , Allen Robinson flashed the route-running and contested-catch winning prowess of a true #1 superstud receiver, Anthony Miller made a clutch 3rd down 4th-quarter reception, and Trey Burton earned the attention of dedicated corner-back coverage. And if you manage to cover all that, Tricksy Bisky can just run it in himself.Oh right, Mitch TrubiskyTook command of this new offense, occasionally sliced up the Packers mediocre D, demonstrated good decision-making, and showed some impressive accuracy on tight-window targets. I expect an up and down season as Trubisky gets comfortable in a complex offense and continues to improve his processing speed. He showed plenty of good today, but couldn’t rise above the moment in the end. It’s his 13th NFL start. I’ll give him a little more time.There’s a lot to love about the 2018 Chicago Bears. There are 15 more games to play. Try to hold on to that as you cry yourself to sleep tonight. I know I will.
panxing18

Zurück zu Allgemeines / General Information