The Panthers were eliminated from playoff contention

The Panthers were eliminated from playoff contention

Beitragvon douhua2233 » Fr 22. Feb 2019, 01:57

SUNRISE http://www.clevelandbrownsteamonline.com/baker-mayfield-jersey , Fla. (AP) Record-setting wins don’t get much hollower than Florida’s victory Saturday night.The Panthers were eliminated from playoff contention, even after Vincent Trocheck scored late in the third period to help hold off the Buffalo Sabres 4-3 and set a franchise mark with 27 home victories.Florida’s slim playoff hopes ended when Philadelphia beat the New York Rangers 5-0 earlier in the day. The Panthers took out their frustration on the Sabres, going ahead 3-0 in the first period.The Panthers’ season ends in Boston on Sunday.”We wanted to go in tomorrow and have a chance to clinch a spot in the playoffs,” coach Bob Boughner said. ”It’s tough to have to rely on other teams. We know an hour before the game our playoff hopes were done. It was tough going into this game and getting the job done tonight.”Jonathan Huberdeau scored a power-play goal for the Panthers. Colton Sceviour had a goal and an assist and Nick Bjugstad also scored.”I think everybody in here is disappointed. The whole goal this year was to make the playoffs,” Trocheck said. ”Everybody coming into the game, we were all preparing as if it was going to be a do-or-die game. Kind of went into it the same way we would have gone into it if we were in the playoffs.”James Reimer made 38 saves in place of Roberto Luongo, who had played three games in four nights, including his 1,000th game Thursday. The Panthers also played without points leader Aleksander Barkov Authentic Baker Mayfield Jersey , who injured his shoulder late in the third period in Thursday’s game against the Bruins. Barkov will also miss Sunday’s finale.Ryan O’Reilly, Sam Reinhart and Jason Pominville scored for Buffalo. Chad Johnson allowed three goals on 12 shots in the first period and was replaced to start the second with Adam Wilcox. Wilcox finished with 14 stops in his NHL debut.”The guys did a good job battling for me,” Wilcox said. ”They knew it was my debut tonight. A lot of respect for them battling for me for two periods. I just wanted to give the guys a chance to get back in the game, and they did a good job of doing that.”The Panthers were cruising but the Sabres mounted a final flurry, scoring two goals 21 seconds apart late in the third period to make it 3-2. Pominville scored on a wrist shot with 4:30 left, and Reinhart scored shortly after.”Just to be blunt and honest, that was typically what our season was,” coach Phil Housley said. ”We couldn’t come out and start on time, and then we get the urgency to push back and get back into a game and make a game of it.”Trocheck’s empty-netter with 1:23 left made it score 4-2. O’Reilly’s power-play tally with 15.8 left closed the gap to 4-3.The Panthers took a 1-0 lead when Huberdeau deflected in a shot from Trocheck during a 5-on-3 power-play at 3:04 of the first. Sceviour made it 2-0 when he deflected a shot by Frank Vatrano at 10:59. Bjugstad then slid a puck under Johnson at 13:39.NOTES: Retiring Panthers F Radim Vrbata played his last game. Vrbata played 1 Greg Joseph Jersey Elite ,057 career games, including 42 with the Panthers. ”I’m glad I got a chance to play and have my family here. My wife, my sons, they got to see me one more time.” … O’Reilly set the NHL record for faceoff wins in a single season with 1,269 – passing Rod Brind’Amour (1,268 FOW in 2005-06). ”It’s special. It’s something I take a lot of pride in,” O’Reilly said. … A moment of silence was observed before the game in memory of the lives lost in a traffic accident Friday night involving the Humboldt Broncos, a youth hockey team from Canada.UP NEXTSabres: Completed their season.Panthers: Visit Boston Bruins on Sunday.— OTTAWA, Ontario (AP) — Craig Anderson is normally not one to show his emotions http://www.clevelandbrownsteamonline.com/greg-joseph-jersey , but you could hardly blame the Ottawa Senators goaltender for wanting to celebrate.Anderson raised his arms and pumped his fists after stopping 27 shots for his first shutout of the season as the Ottawa Senators beat the New York Rangers 3-0 on Thursday night.It was Anderson’s 10th win this season, his first shutout since Dec. 16 and the 41st clean sheet of his career.“It’s been a while for me,” Anderson said. “Sometimes when you’ve given up a lot of goals and you get caught up in the whole statistic of things and you try not to as best you can, but tonight was one of those nights where everything kind of came together and it’s just my emotions towards the guys.”This marked just the third time this season that the Senators held an opponent to 30 shots or fewer.“That’s a great effort by everyone,” an animated Anderson said. “I thought the guys’ attention to detail was outstanding. We generated plenty of scoring chances, made some pretty plays in the offensive zone and defensively we were paying the price doing the little things, making the right plays, making the right reads.”Matt Duchene had a goal and an assist. Drake Batherson and Magnus Paajarvi also scored as the Senators won their second consecutive game.“It was a total team commitment from beginning to end,” coach Guy Boucher said. “Even at the end you could see guys blocking shots with 30 seconds left. That’s what we’re going towards.”Henrik Lundqvist had a rough start but finished with 31 saves for New York.He gave the Senators full credit Authentic Greg Joseph Jersey , saying: “They deserved the win.” But he also said the Rangers need to be better on the road after dropping to 3-7-2 away from home.“I feel like it’s not just one game, it’s starting to become a road thing,” Lundqvist acknowledged. “It’s something we need to adjust and correct real quick.”Rangers coach David Quinn thought his team got worse rather than better as the game went on after falling behind 2-0 in the first period.“During the course of a game there’s going to be stretches where you don’t play well,” Quinn said. “You hope to make them better. You hope to stop them and recover, be mentally tough enough to get your wits about you and regroup and we just never did it. We just got worse and worse and worse as the game went on.”Boucher credited his often-overlooked fourth line of Paajarvi, Zack Smith and Tom Pyatt for doing an outstanding job against New York’s top line of Chris Kreider, Mika Zibanejad and Ryan Strome.“They were great defensively, but also really good offensively,” Boucher said. “Their line set the tone for everything and really did a great job against the opponent’s top line and that’s the difference.”Trailing 2-0 Myles Garrett Jersey Elite , the Rangers thought they had cut the Senators’ lead in half near the midpoint of the second period but the goal was waved off because the referee had blown the whistle prior to the puck crossing the goal line.With the Senators dominating most of the action, Colin White nearly made it 3-0 when he rang a shot off the post.Ottawa did go ahead 3-0 late in the second after an impressive passing display that ended with Duchene scoring his team-leading 12th. Duchene has eight goals and 14 assists in his last 12 games.The Senators jumped out to a 2-0 lead in the first period.Batherson scored his third of the season 2:06 in off a great pass from Duchene. Paajarvi made it 2-0 at 14:35 with his second of the season and first point in 11 games as he slipped a shot under Lundqvist’s right arm.NOTES: With an assist on Duchene’s goal, Ryan Dzingel picked up his 100th career point. … Max McCormick was a healthy scratch for the Senators.UP NEXTRangers: Play at Montreal on Saturday night.Senators: Host the San Jose Sharks on Saturday, marking the return of former Ottawa captain Erik Karlsson.
douhua2233

Zurück zu Allgemeines / General Information