The Jacksonville Jaguars got some much-needed

The Jacksonville Jaguars got some much-needed

Beitragvon chenyan94 » Mi 8. Jan 2020, 03:30

JACKSONVILLE http://www.thejaguarslockerroom.com/authentic-niles-paul-jersey , Fla. (AP) — The Jacksonville Jaguars got some much-needed help for new quarterback Nick Foles.Jacksonville moved up three spots to choose Florida right tackle Jawaan Taylor in the second round Friday night and then selected San Jose State tight end Josh Oliver in the third. Both should be step-in starters for an offense that ranked last in the NFL in touchdowns (22) in 2018.The Jaguars also picked Murray State linebacker Quincy Williams late in the third round (No. 98 overall), adding the older brother of New York Jets defensive tackle Quinnen Williams. The Jets took Quinnen Williams with the third overall pick.Taylor replaces veteran Jermey Parnell, who was let go before free agency. Oliver supplants Austin Seferian-Jenkins, who caught 11 passes in five games in his only season in Jacksonville.The Jaguars had planned to add pieces around Foles, who signed a four-year, $88 million contract that included $50.125 million guaranteed. But the team changed direction when Kentucky defensive end Josh Allen fell to No. 7 in the first round Thursday.The Jags turned their attention to the other side of the ball in Day 2.They sent picks 38 and 109 (fourth round) to Oakland in exchange for Nos. 35, 140 (fifth) and 235 (seventh). General manager Dave Caldwell said he failed to trade into the bottom of the first round to grab Taylor, who grew up about two hours down the road in Cocoa and lost 80 pounds to land a scholarship with the Gators.Taylor http://www.thejaguarslockerroom.com/authentic-keelan-cole-jersey , who spends much of his free time fishing, said staying in the Sunshine State was the ideal scenario. How it happened left the 6-foot-5, 312-pound lineman perplexed and perturbed.There were reports that a torn meniscus in 2017 caused teams some concern, but Caldwell said Jacksonville’s doctors had no worries about Taylor’s health. Taylor skipped the 40-yard dash at the NFL Combine and his on-campus pro day because of a strained hamstring.“The medical reports are definitely false. I’m 100 percent healthy and ready to go,” said Taylor, who stayed in Nashville, Tennessee, for the draft and got his moment on the big stage. “It hurt a little bit last night that you couldn’t see the reason was why I didn’t get picked. …I’m a little upset Womens Marcell Dareus Jersey , but everything happens for a reason.”Taylor fills the team’s most gaping hole, where Jacksonville let 32-year-old Parnell walk and have little depth at the position.The Jags signed former Cincinnati right tackle Cedric Ogbuehi to a one-year deal in free agency and re-signed oft-injured Josh Wells. They also drafted Will Richardson in the fourth round in 2018. But none of them was considered a long-term answer at the position.Taylor is. He was a three-year starter at Florida and part of an offensive line that allowed just 18 sacks in 2018. He spent the last few months honing his technique with veteran NFL offensive line coach Bob Palcic in Pensacola.He also had a private workout with Jacksonville, doing enough to land on the team’s radar — and prompt Caldwell and personnel chief Tom Coughlin to scramble to get him in the second round.“We thought that he would be long gone by then,” Caldwell said. “He’s big, strong and powerful.”So is the 6-foot-5, 250-pound Oliver, who will compete with newcomer Geoff Swaim for playing time.Oliver’s specialty is getting open. He had 98 receptions for 1,067 yards and seven touchdowns in four seasons with the Spartans. He caught 56 passes for 709 yards and four touchdowns as a senior in 2018 despite San Jose State starting three different quarterbacks.“I definitely like to (pattern) my game after (Hall of Famer) Tony Gonzalez Josh Lambo Jersey ,” Oliver said. “As a freshman coming in, my college coach showed me a lot of Tony Gonzalez’s tape so I like to do as much as he can because I consider him one of the greatest to ever play.” DeSean Jackson remains on the sideline. Nelson Agholor faced more criticism. Alshon Jeffery dodged more questions about calling out his quarterback.The Philadelphia Eagles entered the season with an offense that had potential to be dynamic because of their three top wide receivers but things have unraveled.Jackson was spectacular in his return to Philadelphia, catching touchdown passes of 53 and 51 yards in the season opener. But he injured his abdomen in the next game and still hasn't returned. He's getting close to playing and the Eagles desperately need his speed.Agholor dropped what should've been a go-ahead 60-yard TD pass in the final two minutes of a loss at Atlanta in Week 2. He's had other drops and became the subject of national jokes when a Philadelphia man said he jumped into action to help rescue babies during a house fire and "we were catching them, unlike Agholor."Agholor was blasted for his effort on a deep ball in a 37-10 loss at Dallas last week. Agholor explained that he didn't run the route well enough to catch up to the ball and his feet weren't in position to dive for it.Jeffery last week denied he was the anonymous source who told an ESPN reporter the offense needs to be simpler and Carson Wentz has to check the ball down more. He denied it again this week after the team's sideline reporter for radio broadcasts named him as the source.Jeffery dropped a pass from Nick Foles that turned into a season-ending interception in a playoff loss at New Orleans last January.Third-year pro Mack Hollins has been mostly invisible filling in for Jackson. Hollins dropped what should've been a TD pass in a 38-20 loss at Minnesota two weeks ago. He has one catch on six targets despite playing 138 snaps the past four weeks.Rookie second-round pick J.J. Arcega-Whiteside dropped what would've been a game-winning TD pass in a loss to Detroit in Week 3. He has just two catches and has only played 25 snaps the past four games.Since Jackson's performance in Week 1, the Eagles have just two catches of 30-plus yards from a wide receiver.Coach Doug Pederson tried to explain the ineffective play of his wideouts by spreading the blame."It's hard when your quarterback sometimes doesn't necessarily have all the time to throw," Pederson said. "He's having to scramble and move around and it gets you off rhythm, gets you off schedule. So that's a part of it. We are getting some guys open and it's been documented already with drops and different things like that this year."It's still a group that we have a lot of confidence in, a lot of trust http://www.thejaguarslockerroom.com/authentic-taven-bryan-jersey , a lot of faith in. We've had opportunities to complete balls down the field we've missed. We just have to keep working. We can't stop working. There is a lot of football left."Wentz pointed the finger at himself instead of calling out teammates for their drops."I take a lot of it," he said. "There's lots of plays in these losses that I'd love to have back and I think everyone would say the same thing. There's a lot of execution, a lot of good plays that we leave out there. I know personally as a quarterback, as a leader, there's things I have to do to get better and to get this team in the right position to win these ballgames."Notes: Jackson, LB Nigel Bradham (ankle, illness), DT Timmy Jernigan (foot) Womens Justin Blackmon Jersey , CB Avonte Maddox (concussion, neck), T Jason Peters (knee) and RB Darren Sproles (quadricep) didn't practice Thursday.
chenyan94

Zurück zu Allgemeines / General Information